To view the presentations from previous It’s Time To Talk Conferences, visit the It’s Time To Talk Links and Resources page.
Based on outcomes of the Canterbury Bankstown Domestic Violence Planning Summit conducted in April 2016, in August 2017 the Canterbury-Bankstown Doemstic Violence Service Directory was launched. The directory is available in a hard copy form, as well as online at www.cbdvsd.com.au
To celebrate a successful 10 year partnership, the It’s Time To Talk Committee hosted the Canterbury Bankstown Domestic Violence Planning Summit on Wednesday 6 April 2016. The Summit provided an opportunity for local domestic violence services and community members to:
- Identify current needs around responding to domestic violence in Canterbury and Bankstown;
- Identify what services and brokerage funds are available in the area;
- Brainstorm opportunities for future projects;
- Gain tips for self-care and burnout prevention; and
- Network with other local services.
The outcomes of the summit are now available on the It’s Time To Talk Links and Resources page.
From the information gathered at the Summit, the following projects are planned for the It’s Time To Talk Committee over the next two years:
- Service mapping and updated directory
- Conduct a research project for service mapping local DV services;
- Develop a new hardcopy directory, potentially create an online directory on existing ITTT website;
- Launch the directory at a networking event, which will include a speed dating element to encourage more interaction and collaboration amongst local services.
This project was completed in August 2017 – see www.cbdvsd.com.au
- Domestic Violence Conference for new workers in the DV industry
- Presentations will include very basic and practical information to enable workers to better navigate the system as well as recommended training for community/DV workers.
If you are in need of other specific domestic violence training or further information, feel free to contact the It’s Time To talk Committee on 02 9707 9471.
To view the presentations from previous It’s Time To Talk Conferences, visit the It’s Time To Talk Links and Resources page